On 5th March 2015, we had the great pleasure of presenting at Critical Infrastructure Protection and Resilience Europe (CIPRE). This is a key event for securing Europe’s critical infrastructure and had a key focus on Critical Infrastructure Protection.
With much focus on convergence, the CIP track of the programme delivered discussions to review the potential threats to critical infrastructure, smart construction and building in security resilience, and a focus on ‘Transport, Energy & Telecomms Infrastructure’, three key elements of a countries economic activity.
During the presentation it was explained how MTrust can address the 6 key issues identified by the CPNI Insider Data Collection Study to directly mitigate the Insider Threat for critical infrastructure providers:
- Poor management practices and a lack of awareness of people risk at a senior level/inadequate corporate governance
- Poor use of auditing functions
- Poor security culture
- Lack of adequate, role-based, personnel security, risk assessment
- Poor pre-employment screening
- Poor communication between business areas