An exciting opportunity has become available in the U.K.’s leading biometric software company. Human Recognition Systems are looking for a proficient and experienced software developer to manage a small team of developers and oversee development on individual projects within the product team. The successful candidate will join the product and technology team to support in the design and creation of industry leading biometric solutions, whilst ensuring that internal processes and best practices are followed.
Applicants should be passionate about developing software in an agile software development environment and be looking for a challenge.
Key accountabilites & responsibilities
- Work in a lead development function, taking responsibility for key aspects of the software development of a project.
- Deliver the high-level architectural vision as laid out in the high-level architecture design.
- Architect individual components of the system to ensure they fit into the high-level architectural vision and the team’s guidelines, to deliver the best performance and ROI.
- Responsible for the delivery of individual projects within the product team.
- Monitor the progress of projects and feed this back into project planning.
- Distribute tasks to developers and ensure that the team is working to its full potential.
- Mentor and guide members of the team in best practices and the product team’s processes.
- Manage development sprints and lead stand ups.
- Technical degree or similar (e.g. appropriate Microsoft certification or substantial relevant working experience)
- 5 years development experience in a commercially driven software development environment.
- 2 years acting in a senior development role or above.
- 2 years’ experience of app development on iOS and Android environments.
- Extensive experience of developing software in .NET Framework/.NET Core.
- Experience of distributed architectures.
- Extensive experience of delivering to Microsoft server environments.
- Experience of the design of relational database systems.
- Management experience.
- Cloud architecture delivery, especially on Amazon AWS.
- Linux and/or Raspbian solution development.
- Embedded systems.
- Construction, support and diagnostics of hardware solutions.
- Design of data warehouses.
- Working in an agile software environment.
- Very competent software developer with excellent development skills who can guide and mentor the team.
- Comfortable working in a face paced environment with the ability to multitask and prioritise workloads.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.