The IoT, Mobile and Embedded team is responsible for all of the software running on HRS’ hardware solutions. This varies from embedded systems built with .Net Core running on Linux to the mobile applications built with Xamarin and used within the construction and aviation industries.
The role entails working as part of the existing IoT team, which is passionate about using the latest software development technologies. This will involve supporting the current services whilst developing new features both on the embedded hardware platform and also in its supporting Cloud based services. All of which is written in .Net Core 2.2 with a migration to .Net Core 3 already in the roadmap.
The role will primarily involve writing: .Net Core services, ASP.Net Core API’s, internal Vue.js web portals, hardware component integrations, as well as Xamarin mobile applications in C#. Occasional work on our older WCF services may be required as we complete our migration roadmap. In the near future it is also likely that the team will expand into using ML.Net and/or TensorFlow to optimise its aviation hardware solutions.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Produce clear and accurate code that complies with design documentation and that complies with internal standards
- Ensure design patterns are being followed and implemented correctly when developing solutions
- Contribute in all aspects of the development lifecycle (analysis, design, development, implementation and support).
- Taking ownership of features / developments and seeing them through to completion ensuring all areas have been considered.
- Technical Degree (or similar e.g. Microsoft Certified Application Developer)
- Relevant working experience
- 3 years of software development in a commercially driven development environment working in C# .Net.
- Experience including LINQ, Generics, async/await, multithreaded environments, ASP.Net MVC / ASP.Net Core MVC.
- Knowledge of the S.O.L.I.D and other appropriate software design principles and knowing when and where to apply them.
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Comfortable working with Distributed Source Control (Git or Mecurial)
- Experience of biometrics.
- Experience in developing Cloud-based “edge” services.
- Experience in Unit and Integration Testing.
- Experience using C++ and/or Python
- Experience using TypeScript and Vue.js
- Planning, organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to produce high quality work when under pressure.
- Autonomous and proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Proactive in contributing towards the continuous improvement of the organisation.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
- Commercially focused and demonstrates a commitment to deliver tangible business results and not only code.