We have an exciting opportunity for an Installation Engineer to join our Customer Operations Team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Subject matter expert in the installation of access control and CCTV hardware.
- Modify / change all hardware configurations to include PC, access control boards and system related peripheral devices.
- Recommend upgrades to existing technical architecture and site processes.
- Contribute to the development of technical architectures for systems.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the platform on which Human Recognition Systems rest, e.g. Windows 7 / 8. Including the ability to interrogate networks, services, running applications and system diagnostics with the platform.
- Generate Issues logs and feedback customer requests to the appropriate Human Recognition Systems team, following each visit.
- Understanding of web based user interfaces and 3G / Wireless communications.
Physical installation and support
- Assist Project Consultants with organising stock and preparing outbound equipment/components for each project.
- Install and commission Human Recognition Systems solutions on customer sites.
- Work with 3rd parties to integrate Human Recognition Systems solutions/systems.
- Ensure that the Work Package is followed and the appropriate documentation is completed and signed off by the relevant parties and passed to the relevant Human Recognition Systems team.
- Ensure all on-site work is carried out in a professional and timely manner and to the standards required by Human Recognition Systems.
- Recommend improvements where appropriate to installation procedures and ways of working.
- Provide comprehensive training to all solution super users using the training materials provided.
- Provide the Customer Support Coordinator with practical feedback which allows training material to be continuously updated to meet user requirements.
- Complete a ‘job report’ for each site visited – for review with Engineering Manager.
- Ensure thorough commissioning documentation of configured items, whether it be hardware components or parameters within a fixed peripheral.
- Ensure all stock items are fully documented, with serial numbers, and details of the intended location are recorded.
- Generate/create any relevant installation related documentation.
- Ensure vehicle maintained to appropriate standard at all times.
- Maintain vehicle stock levels at all times.
- Adhere to all internal administration processes/ procedures and their respective timelines.
- Identify and address personal and professional development needs, and show commitment to continued learning.
- Champion the company’s vision and values and contribute to the development of the culture and identity.
- 5 GCSE’s – C or above (including Maths and English)
- NVQ level 3 – engineering related discipline
- Full clean UK driving license
- City & Guilds (or similar) – In domestic level electrical installations
- City & Guilds 17th Edn Wiring Regulations
- CSCS accreditation
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic principles
At least 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Access Control installation
- Electrical Control systems
- CCTV System installation
- Fire Detection system installation
Previous experience of:
- Configuration and use of Windows 7 / 8 & Microsoft Office products
- Basic network topology and data communication principles (e.g. 3G / Wireless Communications)
- Excellent communication skills when liaising with colleagues and customers
- Self-motivated with a positive and enthusiastic personality
- Friendly, professional and patient approach
- Professional appearance
- Excellent work ethic relating to timekeeping, attendance and attitude.
- Take real pride in all work
- Strong MS Office skills
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for the implementation of technology