We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Infrastructure Manager to join our IT Team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Design, manage and support all Human Recognition Systems corporate based data and voice network infrastructures, meeting required uptime service levels of all data and voice network services for both LAN, VLAN, WAN and VPN platforms in both production and testing environments.
- Manage and maintain the Human Recognition Systems core virtual infrastructure platform (Microsoft Hyper-V) which runs all core business servers / services.
- Maintain and manage the Human Recognition Systems communications platforms including the corporate VOIP exchange platform and managing the deployment and tracking of all corporate mobile telephone handsets.
- Manage and maintain all core Human Recognition Systems business services enforcing industry best standard installations and configurations of services including Microsoft Active Directory 2012 Users, Computers and Group Policies, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2014, Microsoft IIS Server and ESET Antivirus.
- Manage and support all on all Amazon Web Service cloud based platforms used by the business including configurations and health checks ensuring naming standards, architectural standards and operational performance visibility is maintained.
- Define and execute the day to day corporate IT backup and disaster recovery protocol ensuring the protocol is aligned with the requirements of the business and ensuring the protocol is actively tested regularly.
- Actively maintain and execute a business wide desktop and server security and stability patching protocol that covers all in-house desktop computers, servers and all hosted AWS based servers.
- Proactively review and recommend improved technical infrastructure designs and implementations to better support company strategic objectives.
- Maintain the Human Recognition Systems operational performance monitoring platform for both internal platforms and hosted AWS platforms using the Splunk platform.
- Manage and maintain the company’s desktop imaging and build management processes to ensure standardised desktop builds and consistent security and performance standards across the business.
- Provide first line internal technical support for day to day desktop support related issues including file, print, email and network connectivity issues for the entire business.
- Manage the company’s logical IT security to protect the integrity of all data and information stored on both central servers and client computers through both technical considerations and an IT Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- Provide support in the design, building and testing of project specific technical solutions including R&D prototypes and workstation builds.
- Maintain strong relationships with all our key IT suppliers ensuring we benefit from excellent supply chains and best available pricing.
- Experience of managing a corporate multi site infrastructure (with at least 50 users) and managing the evolution of this infrastructure to meet changing business requirements.
- Professional experience of designing and managing data and voice networks utilising VLAN’s.
- Professional experience of designing, configuring and managing Microsoft based business solutions including Active Directory 2012, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 – 2014 and Microsoft Hyper-V Server.
- Professional experience in designing, maintaining and supporting Amazon Web Service based cloud infrastructures.
- True commercial focus and awareness – revenue realisation, business case creation and budget control.
- Deep technical skills across a range of technologies and applications.
- Experience of building and maintaining excellent professional relationships at both junior and senior level, including client facing.
- Excellent IT process management, execution and documentation skills including formal regular health check and performance evaluations and use of formal naming standard.
- Excellent and proven task management, prioritisation and delivery skills against time bound milestones.