The purpose of the Head of Marketing is to lead the marketing operations and function of Human Recognition Systems.
To enable Human Recognition Systems to hit its commercial and strategic objectives you will be responsible for interpreting topline business objectives into actionable marketing strategy and core initiatives. You will also be responsible for setting, managing and reporting of the marketing budget to ensure and demonstrate return on investment. Working closely with your team to plan and deliver marketing campaigns across all channels informed by the strategy and initiatives set.
An experienced and effective people manager you will need to maximise the performance of the marketing team through line management, mentoring and recruitment where necessary.
Working closely with other senior stakeholders – most notably the executive board, product and sales teams – this role will sit as part of our newly created Senior Leadership Team, helping to set and inform the overall strategy of the business.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- To develop an annual marketing strategy – closely aligned to the overall business objectives
- To develop – in conjunction with the marketing team and senior stakeholders – a series of marketing initiatives the define the tactical outreach of the marketing operation
- To support the Marketing Communications Manager in the development, management and measurement of the annual marketing campaign plans
- To own the marketing budget – including setting, management, reconciliation and reporting
- To represent the marketing needs of the business within the senior leadership team and to the executive board
- To play a key role in the setting and measurement of the overall business strategy
- To represent Human Recognition Systems in media and external events
- To act as the brand custodian and primary responsible person for the ongoing development of the HRS brand.
Planning and measurement
- To leverage and develop existing pipeline measurement platform and strategy to ensure results are measured and communicated effectively across the business
- To help drive the development and evolution of the primary customer personas to ensure our customer awareness is heightened
- To manage regular meetings for planning and updates within the marketing team and within wider departments
- To be the key evangelist for effective data management and reporting accuracy.
- To act as the primary marketing thought leader within the business – ensuring ideas, results and creatives are shared, and new ideas maximised
- To sit as part of the senior leadership team to represent the interest of marketing at a top-level
- To coach, mentor and advise junior members of the team across the business
- To best exemplify the values and mission of HRS.
- To effectively manage team members to ensure their performance is measured and maximised and morale is positive
- To develop a staffing plan and ensure recruitment, mentoring and management is aligned with this plan
- To agree and set KPIs for each marketing team member to enable performance management is simple and effective
- To handle team appraisals in line with company policies.
- Educated to degree level – Marketing or Business preferred
- CIM qualifications desirable
- MBA in Marketing or Business
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within a fast-paced marketing team
- Technology experience
- Team management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Brand management and development
- Experience of marketing campaign planning and delivery
- Understanding of how to tie marketing activation to commercial impact
- Business strategy development
- International marketing experience
- Skilled relationship builder – across all levels of an organisation
- Effective team player but with leadership skills to inspire
- Creative yet underpinned with an analytical mindset
- Good at listening and coaching a team to maximise performance