We are an extraordinary technology brand looking for extraordinary people.
From humble beginnings, Human Recognition Systems has risen to become a global leader, providing state-of-the-art digital identity solutions to some of world’s most demanding workplaces. Our customers, including major organisations like airports and construction companies, expect an unparalleled level of innovation and quality from our products and services.
From our employees, we expect commitment, trust and imagination to be your driving forces. In return, you can expect to play a key role in our story and join a dynamic market leader at a crucial stage of its development. At Human Recognition Systems, you can expect more.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bid and Proposal Manager to join our Aviation Solutions Team.
What does a Bid and Proposal Manager Do?
- Manage and deliver completed written bid/proposal responses against agreed deadlines, escalating issues as required. This will come in the form of competitive tender scenarios (RFI, ITT, RFP), or significant sales opportunities where formal presentation materials are required to be written.
- Produce written content and construct a bid/proposal which pulls together technical and often complex information in a format which is both engaging and comprehensive, working closely with in-house design team on the format and visualisation of this.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go/no go) process for new opportunities, as well as ensuring appropriate internal approval of bids.
- Ensure status reporting of all live bids performed in an accurate and timely manner
- With support of the Sales and Finance Teams, review the commercial aspects of the bid/proposal, ensuring all services are included in the final numbers for the client.
- Lead brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders / subject matter experts internally, ensuring our response is tailored to the client’s objectives and win themes, yet a cohesive and consistent approach to new opportunities is adhered to each time.
- Edit written responses from a variety of stakeholders, including sales, marketing, technical and product teams, finance and delivery. Identify and re-purpose existing content, where relevant, establishing a suitable bid library.
- Build relationships with key contacts within the client to fully understand their requirements, clarify questions regarding the bid and proposal, and conduct feedback on completion of the process either over the phone or face to face meetings.
- Support Commercial Director in tender processes conducted for the procurement of our own technical supplier contracts, advising on strategy and process which will maximise the effectiveness of this exercise.
- Evaluate feedback and analysis of winning and losing bids to inform future bid strategy and improvements in success rate.
How to stand out
- Minimum 3 years proposal / bid writing and management experience
- Proven work experience in bid and proposal writing and management, with tangible success track record.
- Aptitude in translating complex content into something which is compelling and understood by the client.
- Use of Microsoft Office – Word and PowerPoint.
- Background in technology / IT Software products sector tender and bids.
- Aviation industry tender experience (or similar).
- An attention to detail with excellent editing and proof reading ability.
- Strong written English language skills.
- Communicate, influence and motivate at all levels, ensuring internal adherence to key deadlines.
- Strong time management and prioritisation skills, competent in working autonomously and under pressure.
- Strong imagination and creative person at heart – ability to think innovatively about best way to bring to life our value proposition with copy and design input.
- Confident in building relationships with clients to understand their needs and requirements.