An exciting opportunity has become available in the UK’s leading biometric software company. Human Recognition Systems are looking for a passionate individual to join their customer operations team to support in the installation and maintenance of our biometric solutions.
Management of small team of UK engineers inc scheduling, quality, behaviour & standards, H&S, Costs. Also working on best means to develop and expand the team to allow for rapid company growth and financial demands.
Identifying and creating a partner network of engineers in various parts of the U.K who can be utilised when required in peak times to reduce costs whilst maintaining same level of quality/service.
In addition the management of small team of 2/3 internal engineers for the production, maintenance and configuration of site equipment inc fingerprint devices, PC’s and ancillaries.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Subject matter expert in the installation of access control and CCTV hardware
- Modify / change all hardware configurations to include PC, access control boards, system related peripheral devices
- Recommend upgrades to existing technical architecture and site processes
- Contribute to the development of technical architectures for systems
- Creation and maintenance of ‘Standards’ to support existing and NEW Starter engineers as well as 3rd Party contractors
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the platform on which HRS systems rest, e.g. Windows 7 / 8. Including the ability to interrogate networks, services, running applications and system diagnostics with the platform
- Fully understand our bespoke Access Control system MSite to ensure you can provide technical support to team and operational members of the business
Physical Installation and Support
- Assist Project Consultants with organising appropriate hardware and technical planning for Deliveries
- Oversee quality and standard of installations on Customer Sites
- Work with 3rd parties to ensure capability to Install and Service HRS sites to high standards and quality on HRS Branding Badge
- Ensure all on-site work is carried out in a professional and timely manner and to the standards required by HRS
- Recommend improvements where appropriate to installation procedures and ways of working
- Manage and maintain existing engineer training, ensure continued training either via tool box talks, online training or external training. Ensure customer required training/inductions are kept up to date and renewed via Office HR system.
- Oversee Quality, CSat and Behavioural standards for new starters and existing team – through appraisal systems work to monitor performance and work on continual improvement
- Oversee job sheets to ensure correct processes have been followed and monitor quality on feedback and photos from jobs
- Ensure thorough commissioning documentation of configured items, whether it be hardware components or parameters within a fixed peripheral.
- Ensure all stock items are fully documented, with serial numbers, and details of the intended location are recorded to ensure assets and stock can be tracked
- Generate/create any relevant installation related documentation.
- Support Customer H&S documentation from RAMS to PQQs
- Oversee H&S reporting from accidents and near misses and ensure these are followed up according to HSE requirements
- Ensure vehicle maintained to appropriate standard at all times
- Maintain vehicle stock levels at all times
- Adhere to all internal administration processes/ procedures and their respective timelines – particularly timesheets and expenses
- Identify and address personal and professional development needs, and show commitment to continued learning
- Champion the company’s vision and values and contribute to the development of the culture and identity
- 5 GCSE’s – C or above (including Maths and English)
- HNC/HND – electrical /electronic related discipline
- NVQ level 3 – engineering related discipline
- City & Guilds/ONC – engineering related discipline
- Full clean UK driving license
- City & Guilds (or similar) – In domestic level electrical installations
- City & Guilds 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- CSCS accreditation
- Intermediate knowledge of electronic principles
Several years experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Access Control installation
- Electrical Control systems
- CCTV System installation
Experience managing a team of Engineers
Previous experience of:
- Low voltage electronics and electromechanical switching components
- Configuration and use of Windows 7 / 8 & Microsoft Office products
- Basic network topology and data communication principles (e.g. 3G / Wireless Communications)
- Previous delivery of customer training
- Knowledge of programmable logic controllers / logic circuits
- System design (Access Control / CCTV)
- Capability to create technical drawings and documentation
- Excellent communication skills when liaising with colleagues and customers
- Self-motivated with a positive and enthusiastic personality
- Friendly, professional and patient approach
- Professional appearance
- Excellent work ethic relating to timekeeping, attendance and attitude.
- Take real pride in all work
- Strong MS Office skills
- Demonstrable passion and enthusiasm for the implementation of technology
- Location: Majority of work will be based in our Liverpool office, however there will be the need to travel across the UK (with overnight stays).
- Salary: Competitive